Post by enigma9o7 on Jun 3, 2023 1:47:22 GMT
The following are observations and suggestions from my experience two weeks testing Bodhi 7 beta hwe in virtualbox.
(I'll test next iso on hardware.)
1. Web Browser Manager suggestions
1a. Have web manager add/remove mozillateam ppa with Firefox (and thus remove it from Bodhi's default sources)
1b. Add epiphany-browser (from ubuntu repo)
1c. Add Microsoft Edge
2. Suggestion: Remove nvidia-legacy ppa from default sources (see previous post; security issues, not that there's anything wrong with it)
3. Terminology3a. Default background isnt bodhi.png although it is available.
3b. BUG: With picom running, if background is set, transparency doesn't work when terminology launched. (it will work if adjusted/enabled while already loaded). This is regression, used to work fine.
4. Google Chrome isn't themed like chromium - needed to be set to gtk and uncheck system titlebar. Not that important, but if easy to do in skel, why not....
5. Intermittent Moksha Bugs
5a. Tasks sometimes scroll left/right a little bit even when set to shrink-to-fit.
5b. Sometimes green dot on terminology ibar even when it's not open.
6. Suggest Disable Phased Updates, let real ubuntu users deal with this confusion, as mentioned in alpha thread.
7. MokshaGreen Theme
7a. CPU % gadget still difficult to read. ideas: get rid of % symbol or put it underneath the value, and/or make font brighter or thicker or bold or something.7b. network monitor gadget has white text, not green. (I don't use this normally, just observed while testing all modules).
7c. inconsistent behavior: sometimes using small shelf icon size results in unusable space at far right end of shelf. may depend on which gadgets installed?
8. Useless Places Warnings:
8a. /dev/sr0 is 100% full (This is a CD image, I don't need a warning!)8b. 98% of my 5tb drive still has over 100GB free. Perhaps allow us to specify GB instead of percent?
9. Picom9a. compton-conf (in ubu repo) does not seem compatible with picom, default config crashes picom. Perhaps block install?
9bi. suggestion: package picom-conf and make it a recommend of moksha-module-compton
9bii. copy /etc/compton.conf to ~/.config/picom.conf and remove the deprecated refresh-rate option, maybe as skel file if thats the only way to get it local?
(the gui only sees the .config/picom.conf even tho picom still loads the /etc/compton.conf so gui shows inaccurate values the way bodhi is currently configured)
10. Third Party App Issues with Moksha Window Manager
10a. my weather-indicator is supposed to pin to desktop, but instead its drawing a border and floating around, and I can't find any Moksha setting to fix it.
10b. nheko verification window is too narrow and difficult to open.
This only happens if you already have an encrypted matrix account, then try to login to it from nheko; it pops up a window to verify from, but it is like 1 pixel wide and VERY difficult to click on to make it big. I mentioned to nheko dev and he said it's a window manager issue. Same thing happens on old version, ubu repo version, debian sid version, flatpak version....