Post by ylee on Apr 3, 2021 22:58:14 GMT
NOTE: I have updated the ISO and its location, (2021-04-05)
At long last, I am thrilled to announce the release of bodhi-6.0.0-64-beta. It has taken longer than anticipated but we have incorporated a large number of tweaks and improvements. I was still making last minutes changes to moksha and the ISO profile this morning. I could easily spend another two weeks or more making changes, but we all feel the community deserves a release soon.
A special thanks to Štefan for all his work on last minute moksha and theme changes and too those in the Discord channel to installed several past versions of this ISO and offered suggestions or pointed out issues. Also thanks for some the recent community work on updating translations, all such work up to today has been incorporated into the ISO
While this ISO should be fully usable without any major issues, it is intended for testing purposes. If all is ok next week I will release rc release and include an enlightenment 24 version as well as a moksha version.
Please report any issues or possible improvements to these ISOs here. But try to keep things on topic this time and only post about issues with the ISO or the installation. Moksha, theme, or application issues are a separate matter and should be posted elsewhere.
A few things to note about this release are:
- It is built on top of Ubuntu 20.04-02, server mini-iso to be exact.
- VirtualBox guest additions are not preinstalled so install them if you need them. Just note aRandr works in a VirtualBox VM.
- Chromium is the installed Web Browser.
- PcManFm has been replaced with Thunar
- Thunar has been custom patched for Bodhi to support setting the wallpaper from an image.
- Apturl not longer uses apturl-elm but is instead a custom script I created and uses pkexec.
- The release notes link in the installer works now, but as yet not much is on the web-page. I will update that page in the next few days.
- Installing via snaps is disabled. To enable, remove the file /etc/apt/preferences.d/nosnap.pref
- If you installed the last ISO you may want to consider deleting the unneeded swap file /swap.img
I am not going to not mention a few things I would prefer to improve and hope to by the rc release.
Thanks and enjoy
EDIT: Work continues in more refinements of this ISO. Therefore I have uploaded a new ISO and updated the link on this post. Since SourceForge is usually somewhat slow, you will probably have better results using wget: