Post by escuelaslinux on Apr 1, 2021 16:30:18 GMT
The Escuelas Linux distribution won a Recognition prize at the u-GOB Awards 2021, for "Innovation in Education."
- Escuelas Linux is the educational distribution based on Bodhi Linux, available in Spanish and English languages.
- u-GOB is a prestigious organization that, among other things, publishes a monthly magazine about the use of technology in public and governmental environments. It also has organized, for six consecutive years, an award ceremony of iberoamerican scope.
As stated in the announcement of the u-GOB call:
For Escuelas Linux, it was an honor to receive this Recognition prize, which validates the efforts we made in the difficult conditions generated by the pandemic. We made it even despite the sabotage that certain local bureaucrats orchestrated against our program.
- "Because innovating by collaborating allows the profound transformation of public institutions, u-GOB Lab invites to participate in the nomination and delivery of the u-GOB 2021 Awards."
- "For the sixth consecutive year, we are going to recognize the best public innovation projects at the federal, state, and municipal levels in Ibero-America. We will recognize projects that are capable of transforming the lives of citizens for the better."
- "In the Laboratory for Innovation and Digital Transformation for Better Governments in Latin America, we provoke, facilitate and highlight the Digital Transformation of public institutions. We focus on Innovation and Open Government."
For Escuelas Linux, it is an ethical duty to promote Open Source Software in educational environments. It is also a legal responsibility derived from the Free Software Law of the State of Zacatecas, Mexico.
It is a source of pride that our proposal, created initially to serve schools with the greatest economic limitations in our local environment, has grown to also serve thousands of teachers and students in 121 countries. Our successes are also the successes of many people and organizations around the world, such as our base distribution, Bodhi Linux.
By documenting our educational practices, we hope that they will encourage other organizations that love the service in education. Let us build a better future in the only way to erase the digital divide and achieve unrestricted access to knowledge, that is, the way of Free and Open Source Software.
We thank u-GOB and all the people involved in developing the 2021 edition of the Public Innovation Awards for this transcendental Recognition. We will treasure it forever.